- Teach For Pakistan is a national not-for-profit organization committed to creating a powerful social movement for equity and excellence in education.
- We enable Pakistan’s top talent to teach for two years in underserved communities and drive systemic change in education throughout their lives.
- Teach For Pakistan envisions the day when every child in Pakistan will participate in an education that nurtures them to become loving, thinking and engaged citizens.
- To that end, we are aiming to grow our movement aggressively over the coming years, and are looking for team members who will work passionately and rigorously to achieve this goal.
- The Manager, Finance and Regulatory Affairs will hold a senior leadership position at Teach For Pakistan and will enjoy the unique opportunity to help lead the organization in its ambitious growth.
- This individual will be expected to take active ownership of all financial, accounting, reporting and regulatory functions of the organization.
- They will ensure world class financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- They will work closely with the CEO and the Board to ensure that the organization maintains the highest standards of financial transparency and responsibility.
- This person will be responsible for developing and implementing the appropriate accounting and financial control systems to ensure financial sustainability of the organization.
- The role further involves budget development, financial forecasting and monitoring, internal and external audit management, overseeing the organization’s compliance with all applicable tax regimes, payments, development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and incoming grant management.
- Additionally, they will also be responsible for ensuring that the organization fulfills its regulatory compliance requirements as a national non-profit company, and managing relationships with the SECP, EAD, FBR, audit and law firms and banks.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets and forecasts as well as quarterly reviews and reporting
- Administer and review all financial plans and correct variances as appropriate.
- Partner with the executive team to address all operational and strategic issues as they arise
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, donors, auditors, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for donors and other key external constituents
Financial and Accounting Management
- Direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting including cash flows
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to fiscal policies and procedures by maintaining control over internal budgets and expenditure
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports to keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Support the Development and Partnerships team in building strong financial proposals for grant applications and proposals
- Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets
- Collate financial reporting materials for international and domestic governmental agencies, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Overseeing timely payments and payroll processing
- Oversee all audit activities
- Oversee proper filing of tax returns in Pakistan
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance requirements for the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Internal Revenue Department, Federal Board of Revenue, The Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy, the Economic Affairs Division and Ministry of Interior
Company Secretary Duties
- Maintain organization’s statutory books and records such as minutes of Board meetings
- Ensure security of the organization’s legal documents such the Articles of Association
- Advising directors to remain complaint with articles of association and businss regulations
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, especially SECP, PCP, FBR, EAD, banks, legal and tax advisors, audit firm.
- Communicate with government officials and donor representatives to understand and implement their requirements
- Pre-empt organizational needs and build connections for future facilitation through external partners
Minimum Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Masters in Finance and Accounting or CA/ACCA or equitable accounting qualification
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with non-profit accounting and finance, and managing international donor agencies is strongly preferred
- Experience leading a team required
- Non-profit companies law preferred but not required
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software, especially QuickBooks
- Proficiency and comfort using G-Suite, including Docs, Sheets, and Calendar
- Strong reasoning and strategic thinking skills
- Deep understanding of and strong alignment to Teach For Pakistan’s mission, vision and core values