We are looking for research analyst who has skills to transcribe audio (Interviews) dictations accurately.
The main role of a Research Analyst is to listen to the voice recordings of the recorded interviews and transcribe this information into written reports (Transcription). Research on different topics and write a report of 1000 to 2000 words.
We aim to produce a platform outlining key institutional challenges and major reforms in different sectors faced by Pakistan. We are primarily aimed at generating a constructive and meaningful public debate in the policy circles.
To collate the data for the platform, We aims to engage all the leading minds of our country on key issues plaguing Pakistani polity.
Research Analyst Skills:
Listening, written communication and typing (English and Urdu) skills are the main capabilities that successful Research Analyst should possess. As Research Analyst most often handle time-sensitive materials, it is crucial that those in this profession display strong time management skills. Research Analyst should also be detailed-oriented critical thinkers who can work independently and maintain organizational and literacy skills. In addition to these important abilities, it is critical that Research Analysts are able to do the following:
1. Translate English Interviews in Urdu Language
2. English and Urdu Typing Skills
3. Proofread and edit transcribed reports
4. Write a report of 1000-2000 words on different topics.
5. Social Media Management (Facebook, Twitter, Canva etc.)
Job Context/Operating Environment:
The Research Analyst is expected to work a continuous 8 hours shift at the office premises.
1 PM to 9 PM (Monday to Thursday)
5 PM to 9 PM (Friday)
9 AM to 5 pm (Saturday)
Communication: Both internal and external
Decisions: As decided by the point of contact.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably Masters from a highly reputed university.
Skills - Generic:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and self-discipline highly necessary.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Structure non-structured information into logical order.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Project management skills and attention to detail.
Skills- Job Specific:
- Preferred at least 2 years’ professional exposure.
- Proven work experience in Research Analyst field.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Urdu.
- At least 40wpm typing speed
Preferably 2-5 yrs. professional experience in related roles with a track record of tangible achievements.