A U.K. based online tutoring website (currently catering to U.K. School students only) has just been launched (www.teach9.co.uk). As a starting business we need a senior developer for long term website upgrade/improvement activities including adding numerous third party APIs to our state of the art virtual classroom (used by tutor and student users for online tutoring).
The selected candidate will be required to work under the supervision of our existing Senior Developer (SD) who is now being promoted to the post of Technical Manager. The existing SD will be imparting you all the information and bringing you upto speed to take full control of the website. You will be leading a team of 2 full-time Junior Developers. You will also be assisted in daily work by our part-time senior designer and a senior QA.
Once fully in control you will be leading the website development activities but reporting to Technical Manager and seeking any guidance as required from him. You will also be reporting to U.K. based company CTO.
- User account with access to online wallet integrated with Paypal and Worldpay, search functionality for tutor search within the website, lesson booking, calendar, chat messenger service.
- Website also hosts a virtual classroom based on worlday.net’s web-conferencing software license. The VC is fully integrated within the website and the application software is also hosted on our AWS server instance.
We are expecting high level of experience and competancies in the following areas -
- CorePhp/Laravel framework, MYSQL database, Apache server, hosted on AWS
- Knowledge of web repositories, pulling/pushing codes including the use of AmazonCodeCommit and other git repositories.
- Prior experience in webstie optimisation for desktop and mobile platforms. Being able to achieve fast website loading times
- Job consists of developing a very good understanding of the existing website architecture and being able to have full control over the website.
- Leadership ability to manage two junior developers and get the tasks delivered on time everytime.
- Working on issues provided by Senior QA and able to fix any issues immediately. As a starting business 99.9% website reliability and availabilty is required
- Prior experience in Mobile App development is not mandatory but preferred. The Mobile app development will mainly be carried out by separate App developer but candidate's prior experience can be of useful assistance to him.
- Expected minimum 43 hours per week
- Monday to Froiday (35 hours) : 1 pm to 9 pm Monday to Friday (Candidate to take 5 hours off anytime during this period)
- Saturday 9am - 5pm
- During the initial 3 months, extra hours may be required to finish the tasks on time as the website needs to be further developed, fully optimised and stablised by August End as the new study year will be starting in September and high business demand is expected in the following months.
- As the company grows, the candidate will be rewarded for their committment and timely delievry. This will be in the form of salary increments and opportunities to travel to U.K.
- Chance to get global exposure and work in multi-national team as our lead designer/UX,UI is based in U.K.
2 Months Probation