· Undertaking data analyses and data conversion.
• Coordinating the acquisition of new spatial data and supervising the integration of these data into the organization’s GIS.
• Developing and managing quality control procedures.
• Performing spatial analyses and creating information products from the GIS and related software and subsystems.
• Designing, developing, testing, documenting, and certifying applications, programs and systems functionality.
• Managing individual data and application’s development projects.
• Coordinating GIS activities with programmers and technicians.
• Providing support for GIS data conversion, systems integration and systems and application’s development and implementation.
• Providing support for cartographic design and high quality map production.
• Designing and implementing training plans.
• Assisting in training in various aspects of the GIS software and database creation and use.
• Diagnosing and “troubleshooting” problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
• Consulting users to identify new data/software requirements.
• Supporting users.
• Preparing project plans, and directing vendors (consultants) and internal project teams to accomplish plan tasks in order to meet user/ data/software requirement
• Creating and maintaining (updating and enhancing) the programs that run the applications to satisfy specific user needs in the organization, taking full advantage of GIS platform functions and applications. • Coordinating the installation and testing of applications programs and writing the documentation that describes the operating procedures for using them.