We are looking for a highly-motivated Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. The position is based in Karachi Head office and aims to provide Systems Administration support in a team environment on a variety of operating system platforms and the centralized Cloud environment using Amazon Web Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability
- VOIP/Asterisk PBX administration, configuration and security.
- Write system scripts for daily administration and document system infrastructure
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical technology systems such as wireless networks, virtual machine and storage infrastructure, and communication systems
Required Experiences and Skills Solid 3+ years’ experience with Linux including scripting
- Experience with scripting skills (bash, Python, PERL, etc.)
- Experience with build, rebuild, or update servers and configure hardware and virtual machines (VM), applications, peripherals, services, networking, storage.
- Experience in performing infrastructure installations and upgrades.
- Experience in perform ongoing support and maintenance for systems and related applications, including, but not limited to hardware/VM upgrades, networking, CPU, memory, and storage systems, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting and backup systems.
- Practical experience in networking including switching, routing, VLANs, network security principles, and IP protocols
- DNS, SSL, and Registrar management
- Email Server Configuration and Troubleshooting (SMTP, IMAP, POP3)
- Virtualization technologies, preferably VMWare vSphere 6.5, ESXi, Site Recovery Manager, VMWare Replication
- Experience with Nagios, Cacti, PRTG
- Practical experience with AWS
- Experience configuring and supporting VPN
- Indepth knowledge of MySQL
- Experience in security policy formulation and implementation
- VOIP/Asterisk PBX Experience
- Storage system administration
- Knowledge of Dell and HP Server hardware
- Knowledge or experience with pfSense, wireshark firewalls / switches
- Familiarity with desktop troubleshooting and support
- Networking concepts and techniques i.e. Load Balancing, Clustering, Failover, diverse connectivity.
- RADIUS & TACACS+ Authentication.
CVs will be screened on daily basis and interviews held periodically until the desired candidate is found so it is advised to apply immediately.