This role will be responsible for coordinating with the technical team and providing written documentation for systems architecture, ERD, Data Structure, Data Dictionary, Flow Diagrams, installation, usage, configuration, and operating procedures.
Tehchnical writer must provide written communication in clear and concise language for technical documentation such as procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of software solution.
Includes writing such technical documentation as operational specifications, meeting minutes, bulletins, articles, and marketing publications.
Technical writer must also be able to produce marketing material such as web site content, marketing brochures, presentations, etc.
Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by interviewing resources engaged in developing new products and services.
· Previous experience within a similar Technical Writer position
· Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide pragmatic solutions.
· Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customers.
· Decision-making: ability to make rapid decisions.
· Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
· Technical innovation: ability to develop solutions innovatively.
· Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements.
· Proven inter-personal and technical skills and must be able to work within a small technical team and provide technical expertise and leadership when required.
· Self-starting and capable of working effectively without day to supervision under only general direction.
· Strong customer and end user focus and capable of readily interpreting and influencing Customer thinking.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through proven professional experience. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education. Considered experienced, but still a learner.