Key Areas of Responsibility:
Power BI Developer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
- Develop visual reports (e.g., dashboards, graphs) in Power BI utilizing data from Tabular and Multi-dimensional cubes.
- Understand functional requirements of data consumers. Translate those requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop processes to regularly (e.g., nightly, monthly) update data in data marts from the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Provide input to the development of report test plans.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with other areas in IT (e.g., DBA’s, Network Engineering, Info Security).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- 7 years in application development, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications:
Power BI Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
At least 2 years experience of report development in Power BI.
- 3+ years experience data warehouse and data mart design.
- 5+ years experience with the Microsoft BI stack: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQLServer database.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ETL techniques and processes.
- Experience with Hadoop nice to have.