Perform data entry of information to maintain database(s) through custom software.
Responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data. Proof material entered as required and generate data reports as required.
1. Performs data entry using word processing, spreadsheet or database commands and formats material as required. Prepares graphic exhibits using software for presentations and agendas.
2. Enters, revises and/or combines materials such as research samples, numerical data, laboratory record logs and preformatted data retrieval information.
3. Creates data directories/subdirectories for file and report generation retrieval purposes. Maintains paper and/or disk file of entered data.
4. Performs routine maintenance tasks related to hardware/software or files technical assistance requests as necessary.
5. Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
6. Interacts with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and publications flow and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry, collection and retrieval.