This is a project oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering services and solutions. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This person shall also play a leadership role within the project teams, managing communications with delivery managers and clients as well as a technical lead during development.
Areas of Responsibility
- This individual will be responsible for BI support - New report development, report maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, etc.
- Interface with other Teradata customers, account teams and technical support staff as needed to resolve complex technical issues
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Effectively analyse, resolve and document business problems with minimal oversight from senior management (i.e. accountable for owning and resolving issues)
- Candidate should be experienced enough to support GTM team during the sales process by effective estimations, work planning and P&Ls.
- Effectively multi-task between initiatives and consistently produce quality deliverables requiring minimal QA from peers/supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively coach and mentor; regarded and sought by more junior staff as a coach and mentor
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering or related fields is preferred
- Post-Graduate degree is a plus
General Skills Required:
- Excellent Consulting, Oral and Written communication and Presentation skills
- Strong SQL and Database experience with a major RDBMS (for example Teradata, SQL Server, DB/2, Oracle)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in IT
- 4+ years of overall BI experience with Customer facing project experience
- Any background/experience with Graphic Design
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Modelling, Database Architecture
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL Methodologies
- Minimum 7+ years of BI Experience
- Must be open to cross-training on a different BI tool i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc
- Leadership experience (Either Technical Lead or Project Manager)
- Candidates must have experience with at minimum 1 of the following front end Reporting tools:
- Business Objects (BOXI R3+, BO 4.0+)
- System scaling and capacity planning.
- Configuring SSO using windows NT, AD, LDAP, Integration with other systems like BW preferred but not required
- Experience in web and application servers(tomcat, IIS)
- Web Reports creation using java report panel, rich client
- Experience in Report development, implementation, and support using Business Objects Web Intelligence, Xcelsius dashboards, BO Explorer, report scheduling
- Universe creation using UDT and IDT(BO 4.0 onwards):
- Creating access restrictions
- Creating classes and objects(dimension, detail, measures, condition and prompts)
- Modelling : Adding tables, creating joins, aliases and contexts, resolving loops and traps
- MicroStrategy (Version 9.x or higher)
- Expertise in next generation BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlik will be a plus
- Experience with Localization, Transaction Services, API Customization or Datamarts preferred but not required
- I-Cubes, Attribute relationships, Hierarchies, Custom SQL reporting and advanced VLDB setting
- Familiarity with MSTR Web portal & subscription services
- Reports & Dashboard Creation
- Object Creation: Attributes, Facts, Metrics
We attract the best and brightest. We’ll provide you with benefits that keep you motivated and let you perform at your best! Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.