• Improve and automate test strategies and software configurations.
• Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining the test automation framework.
• Mentor others in the team on automation techniques and best practice patterns.
• Work with QA and development team members to identify components and functionality to be used for building automated test cases.
• Design and execute test plans, record and document results and compare with expected results.
• Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
• Determine expected results for test cases, execute tests, track, analyze, document and report test results.
• Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
• Advocate for testability during the design process, allowing for better automation.
• Research and develop advanced automated test suites to exercise our under test applications in an effort to increase test coverage and reduce testing costs.
• Draft quality assurance policies and procedures when needed.
• Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
• Evaluate the adequacy of existing quality assurance standards and improve where needed.
• Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting on quality data.
• Computer Sciences graduate or equivalent.
• Must have 3+ years of automation testing experience for Web and Mobile applications with automation tools like Test Complete for .Net WPF, Silverlight and Asp.net applications.
• Should have automation testing experience for Web Services API (SOAP, REST)
• Must have 3+ year experience with Java or VB scripting
• Skills to develop, apply and maintenance of test automation framework.
• Must be able to develop and execute test strategies for analyzing and improving test coverage
• Basic SQL queries.
• Experience with Issues management systems like Jira.
• Experience with test automation systems, SmartBear Test Complete is a plus
• Familiarity with all aspects of testing including functional, regression and system testing.
• Ability to troubleshoot using logs, tools, monitoring equipment...etc.
• Apply testing methodologies, principles and processes to define and implement key metrics to manage and assess the testing process including test execution and defect resolution.
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Position vacant for Lahore and Karachi office