JOB SUMMARY (Overall purpose of the job):
The role is to provide support to the Manager finance in managing the accounts payable function.
The role holder will be responsible for making accurate payments to all creditors within the agreed contract terms in accordance with AKHSP’s policies
• Ensure completeness of documentary trail while authorizing payments relating to suppliers and ensure compliance of policies & procedures.
• Sign cheques of vendors as per the authority matrix after ensuring compliance of policies and procedures.
• Ensure that payments are made to vendor as per the agreed timelines.
• Ensure timely settlement of advance to vendors and investigate reason of debit balance appearing in vendor account.
• Coordination with regional operation and donor funded teams for resolution of queries raised while making payments.
• Ensure accuracy of tax deduction as per the Income tax and Sales tax law while making payment to vendors.
• Assisting General Ledger team by providing relevant information to carrying out monthly closing process and ensure that all the accruals are recorded on monthly basis.
• Managing subordinates in day to day work life and Review Performance Appraisals of direct and indirect subordinates.
• Coordinate with auditors including External, internal, GRB, Donor funded, AKF.
• Any other assignments given by supervisor.
Position Specification (Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience):
• A finance Professional degree preferably ACCA / ICMA
• Minimum of 4-5 years of working experience (including 3 years of post-qualification experience in financial management) preferably with a large health care set-up
• Sound knowledge of overall financial systems, International Financial Reporting Standards and statutory/tax regulations
• Good business acumen with ability to analyse in depth issues.
• Excellent proficiency with computers especially MS Office, particularly MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint is required
• Excellent knowledge of accountancy obligations and rules and tax implications
The Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of three agencies of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) that support activities in health. The others are the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) and the Aga Khan University (AKU). Together, the three agencies provide quality health care to five million people ...Read More