The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support, supervision and guidance to LHVs, CHNs/HCPs and monitor their performance in order to achieve the objectives in line with AKHS, P plan. S/He will be required to take a lead role in enhancing quality at the primary level as this will require familiarity with ISO 9001 standards, database management, gap analysis, trend analysis and development of strategies for accreditation.
S/He will be required to implement, monitor, evaluate, do capacity-building of the health care providers, and ensure that programs move forward by efficient utilization of HMIS
- Assist management in managing the program to achieve the desired objectives and support LHVs / CHNs / Doctors in achieving organizational annual objectives through planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of the delivery of the essential health service package at the field level:
- Develop strong and constructive liaison with the LHBs.
- Support field team to enhance their competency in program supervision in line with the set standards by compiling the information and interpreting HMIS
- Monitor and encourage health centre staff in developing and implementing continuous quality improvement process.
- Ensure that medicines and supplies placed in the health facility are in line with the set safety standards
- Ensure the quality of services from service outlets through:
- Improving staff morale and attitude and competencies
- Developing management skills
- Improving communication skills
- Regular Supervisory visits
- Identifying their training needs and developing their capacity building activities
- Coaching the clinical and community staff through organizing CMEs
- Build capacity of the community health workers or field social mobilizers and the volunteers.
- Defining and delegating work responsibilities with clear expectations and outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of the new initiatives and innovations that have been accepted by the central program development department
- Ensure that field visits are objectively undertaken and their observations and gaps identified are properly addressed
- Ensure validity and consistency of data by verifying entries in data generating instrument and ensure timely submission of report.
- Ensure that periodic reporting deadline is strictly followed for timely reporting of program improvement.
- Ensure proper implementation of the infection control protocols from all the health facilities
- Ensure that all the health facilities meet the defined standards for improving physical ambience
- Ensure that staff performance appraisal is carried out according to its laid down procedure.
- Ensure that periodic performance evaluation and feedback system is implemented to achieve the targets.
- Ensure that no malpractice is taking place in any of the facilities and to report immediately if found.
- Contribute to financial control and cost reduction in the program along with implementing and monitoring the infectious disease surveillance system and promptly adopting epidemic control measures
- Ensure Collection of Quarterly Report from all health units and evaluate those reports.
Any other work / duties assigned by the supervisor