Head of programs will be responsible for four (4) key areas: 1) Programs development, Technical Assistance, monitoring and management of core and donor funded programs 2) Management and Technical Assistance to Quality Assurance Department, 3) overall technical and administrative management of Technical Support Unit, and 4) Research Development and Managemen
- Lead role for program developments and new initiatives (proposal developments, LFAs)
- Lead role in programmatic and financial management of donor funded projects.
- To lead strategic partnerships and communications with key stakeholders (development partners, government, private sector) to seek funding for new programs
Planning of project activities in consultation with related stakeholders to achieve its expected immediate outcome defined in project document and / or research studies.
- Monitoring the project activities and will timely inform program manager / other project managers about how the project is tracking; any issues that might affect the final project/research or its delivery date, any budget implication, etc.
- Ensuring the controls of resources through effective monitoring and field visits.
- Technical Assistance to organizational strategic objectives and lead monitoring & evaluation of four (4) goals for GBC strategy by June 2017.
2. Technical Support Unit:
- Develop and manage evidence based, sustainable, replicable and geographically appropriate health program interventions as per regional needs (trainings, Guidelines, SOPs, program strategies)
- Extend technical support in the development review and or implementation of quality assured health programs in basic and clinical units.
- Technical assistance to health promotion and behavior change communication material for public awareness in collaboration with communication department.
- Facilitate regions/projects in organizing and conducting capacity building activities for health Care Providers (LHVs, CHNs, RNs, MOs, CMWs, CHWs, paramedical staff, field supervisors and managers) and community volunteers on various programs.
- Strengthen regional programs through offering supportive supervisory services
- Develop cost effective, alternative models of service delivery (if required)
- Provide support for integration of clinical and community units within AKHS,P and with AKUH.
- Monitoring / Coordination: Monitor and evaluate all clinical guidelines at Health Facilities.
- Supervise clinical audits of AKHS health programs
- Lead role for knowledge management of AKHS programs
3. Quality assurance:
- Ensure implementation of continuous quality improvement concept to the community and clinical programs of AKHS,P
- Strategic direction in the ongoing review and improvement of community health and clinical programs
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and heads the quality control program designed to ensure compliance with established standards (ISO).
- Technical assistance and reporting on quality and clinical indicators
- Overall management of capacity building related to quality assurance.
- Responsible for implementation of a risk-based approach to the oversight process according to standards.
· Lead research development and management processes for AKHS health programs
· Provide technical assistance for research development and implementation.
Support communication department through sharing technical content of researches, case studies for publications
- Provide leadership for grant submission processes, ensuring that funding agency requirements and deadlines are met.Set priorities and goals for the research program, in conjunction with co-Principal Investigators
- Oversee planning, management and handling of communications for the research project
- Prepare and monitor research project budgets and provide forecasting; implement cost-effective measures to optimize budget utilization
- Ensure timely notification to Principal Investigators of issues or problem
- Synthesize and apply relevant literature in the interpretation of research findings, developing written reviews of literature needed to support specific projects