Develop, implements and evaluates the Communications and Outreach Plan (including but not limited to publications, announcements, press releases, power point presentations, and promotional materials) in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team along with the effective communications strategies that are aligned with marketing and organization’s overall objectives.
Develop and deliver a communications programme to reach a wide range of stakeholders throughout the year. It will involve both shaping of our communications strategy and messages, and regular writing of our communications - including web articles and press releases, factsheets, features and adverts. Responsible for creating awareness on key messages to promote work, develop and disseminate information to the general public for AKHS, P’s image building at all levels.
- Lead the development and implementation of AKHS, P’s communications plan and strategy.
- Develop and execute AKHS, P’s communication strategy including all media, including press, broadcast and publications to raise AKHS, P’s profile and market AKHS, P’s activities.
- Devise strategic and tactical communications initiatives to drive business results and protect and enhance the brand and reputation of the company.
- Provide oversight, direct, prioritize, and manage all aspects of Communications & Outreach (Media relations, publications, health communication, IEC development, graphic design, illustrations, marking & branding, social media management, along with direct supervision of personnel, contracts and budget.
- Ensure all Communication, Outreach and Media Materials are completed and appropriately placed in a timely manner as outlined in the Communications Schedule, including: weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Help ensure communications and materials are developed and implemented consistently against the organizations style standards and guidelines.
- Plan and oversee events management with communications including invitations, agendas, web content and promotional materials.
- Brand management: Partner with HR Team on Employer Branding related activities, including but not limited to Social Media, highlight stories of corporate social responsibility, videos/photos, as well as outreach activities.
- Crisis communications and reputation-risk management, in coordination with the regional office and, as and needed.
- Create and distribute timely information about organizational activities
- Visit the field to meet beneficiary communities and collect success stories, photographs, interviews and material for features
- Monitor mainstream and vernacular media, including social media, to keep abreast of advances in the industry, and to ensure that positive and negative coverage of organizational activities are documented and/or responded to, on needs basis
- Liaison with the regional and national media to ensure that AKHS, P activities are given due coverage and health related issues/developments are covered professionally
- Develop and maintain a database of useful contacts of key Government Officials, Departments, Ministries and other stakeholders.
- Preferably Master’s Degree level qualification or equivalent in a communications related subject.
Experience and Training
- At least 4-5 years of experience working in the field of communications
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of communications activities – media, websites, publications, marketing, social media, events, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits
- Proven and demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of communication programs, developing communication strategies and relations, preparing press releases, etc.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of editing and producing publications.
- Experience working with websites, including web content development, producing content for the web, etc.
- Proven experience working with social media platforms.
- Experience working with e-communications, including preparing and sending E-Bulletins, supporter updates etc.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literate with good MS Office Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organization and externally.
- Confidence to represent externally including public speaking if required.