Division/Department: Internal Audit Function
Grade Range: AVP to SVP
Direct Reporting to Head MS & IS Audit
Assist Head MS & IS Audit to initially evaluate risk and prepare a Risk-Based Management Audit Plan and allocate resources accordingly. Manage execution of assignments within budgetary targets. Prepare periodic Reporting Package for Head MS & IS Audit.
Major Duties & Responsibilities to perform the Role:
- Assist Head MS & IS Audit to initially evaluate Risk of all IS and IT applications and prepare a Risk-Based IS Audit Plan and eventually execution plan considering the scope and budget of each engagement.
- Manage the execution of engagements within budgetary targets against each engagement. Lead the team for execution of significant engagements where necessary to evaluate Policy Framework and their implementation in respective areas.
- Allocation of resources according to the risk profile of auditable entity/application. Manage the overall performance of the engagement to ensure smooth completion thereof. Monitor staffing needs and schedules to ensure optimal utilization of audit resources.
- Facilitate communication with management to enable discussion on their concerns on audit engagements through conclusion meetings.
- Conduct information system audits to assess independently and objectively the controls, reliability and integrity of bank’s Information Technology environment (IT). These assessments can help maintain and/or improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IT risk management, internal controls and corporate governance.
- Maintain a cordial and professional working relationship with internal customers at all times and discuss a workable Management Action Plan in response to audit findings with Head MS & IS Audit.
- Ensure that engagements are carried out in a manner to provide consultancy services to internal clients were required to correct deficiencies noted during the IS audit so as to bring about an improvement in the system of Internal Controls, Process Workflows, Procedures, Risk Management and Best Corporate Governance practices.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments/changes and enhance professional knowledge and constructive adjustment in the changing environment and emerging trends. Be alert for new developments and assess to discuss their significance/implications to audit procedures. Initiate new ideas and discuss with senior members/counterparts for their implementation/escalation for decision.
- Provide training/guidance to reporting staff as well as to Internal Clients if required with a focus on improvement in Internal Controls System & Procedures, Risk Management and Best Corporate Governance practices.
- Ensure that the audit work has been adequately completed and all significant issues have been reported/escalated and make follow up for corrective actions.
- Prepare periodic Reporting Package for outstanding significant deficiencies and substantive issues noted during IS audits for CIA and the Central Audit Committee with updates as to Management Action.
- Review the engagement file to determine if the work is appropriately documented and reviewed according to the engagement plan. Ensure that the working paper file is adequately prepared for archiving.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the 1st/ 2nd supervisor.
Relevant Experience: 08 Years of banking experience