The National History Museum is looking for a Museum Director in Lahore. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of the National History Museum at the Greater Iqbal Park, Lahore including operations, development, programming, partnerships, exhibitions, external relations etc.
• Carry forth the vision of the museum as highlighted by CAP and the National History Museum Manual
• Oversee all museum operations and administrative functions
• Oversee the development, implementation and promotion of programs, educational programs, exhibits, special events and other activities
• Oversee the museum budget including planning, monitoring; recommend opportunities to grow and develop new revenue streams
• Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the museum to local, national and international communities/dignitaries
• Stay current with and strive to meet the best practices of the museums operations globally
• Perform a variety of public relation activities; coordinating communication both internal and external concerning all aspects of the museum. Utilize print, social and other forms of media to bring visitors to the museum and foster museum growth.
• Manage and maintain the acquisition, care, conservation, documentation and display of the museum collection
• Manage and mentor employees and volunteers of the museum including curators
• Report to to the CAP Board of Directors as necessary
The Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP) is a non profit organization dedicated to Cultural and Historic Preservation. We seek to educate the community, foster an awareness of our nation's history and instill pride in Pakistani citizens about their heritage. CAP has focused its attention on the trad ...Read More