Name of Position: Teacher Assistant
Total Positions: 6
Job Location: Jinnah Town, Quetta
Gender Preference: None
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Degree Title: Relevent subjects
Required Experience: 1 Years
Experience Details: Teaching
Apply By: January 16, 2018
Teacher Assistant will review material with students one-on-one or in small groups to reinforce lessons presented by teachers. They will also help teachers with recordkeeping.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum and Instruction
- Prepare classroom resources beforehand by setting up equipment or getting materials ready
- Reinforce lessons by delivering tailored teaching activities and by reviewing material with students on either a one-on-one basis or in small groups
- Make sure students are engaged in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Encouraging and motivating students
- Provide extra support to children with special needs
- Provide first language support to those children for whom English is not their first language
- Enforce school and class rules
- Help teachers with recordkeeping
- Have an effective working relationship with the school staff, families and the wider community.
- Act with confidentiality about the strengths and weaknesses of students.
- Provide young students a sense of emotional safety.
- Demonstrate patience and show sufficient attributes of kindness.
- Attend school meetings as required.
- Cooperate with school administration and follow and comply with any set regulations, guidelines, quality standards, or SOPs.
- Perform any other administrative duty whenever the need arises.
- Attend in-service courses and other professional development activities that will strengthen own technical knowledge and interpersonal communications skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Patience, tolerance, adaptability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Fluency in local languages