Name of Position: Teacher (Evening Classes)
Total Positions: 7
Job Location: Jinnah Town, Quetta
Gender Preference: None
Minimum Education: Masters
Degree Title: In relevant subjects
Required Experience: 3 Years
Experience Details: Teaching
Apply By: January 16, 2018
Teacher will teach English, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, Urdu or Islamiat subjects to groups of students from all abilities across years 4 to 15. S/he will plan, implement and evaluate lessons in accordance with the curriculum, learning expectations and guidelines provided by the school. Teacher is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, healthy and productive environment for learning where every child receives the required and sufficient instruction to meet the learning expectations according to their developmental potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum and Instruction
- Plan, implement and evaluate teaching plans and instruction materials according to curriculum expectations and set guidelines provided in school documents.
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- Organize learning materials and resources.
- Observe, assess and record student performance and achievements regularly to find out their individual learning requirements; continually adapt lesson plans to individual needs after each assessment.
- Based on individual needs and curriculum requirements, provide in person, group and whole-class instructions.
- Instruct students individually and in groups to ensure equitable distribution of time and resources.
- Devise instruction plans and teaching lessons in such a way that every student achieves learning objectives and curriculum goals.
- Adapt lesson plans and instructional materials to meet individual student needs and interest.
- Address issues of children with special needs.
- Have an effective working relationship with the school staff, families and the wider community.
- Act with confidentiality about the strengths and weaknesses of students.
- Maintain a safe, aesthetic, ordered and hygienic environment.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Establish rules for acceptable behavior.
- Encourage cooperative social behavior through play and activities
- Provide young students a sense of emotional safety.
- Demonstrate patience and show sufficient attributes of kindness.
- Keeping updated student records including a daily roll.
- Keep an updated inventory of resources.
- Attend school meetings as required.
- Cooperate with school administration and follow and comply with any set regulations, guidelines, quality standards, or SOPs.
- Perform any other administrative duty whenever the need arises.
Partnership with Parents
- Provide appropriate information to the parents about the progress of their children
- Attend in-service courses and other professional development activities that will strengthen own technical knowledge and interpersonal communications skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Patience, tolerance, adaptability and flexibility
- Very strong communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills
- Good English language proficiency
- Master’s degree in relevant subject
- Candidates with M.Ed and B.Ed degree will be preferred
- Proven working experience as a Teacher or teacher assistant/aide