This role will be carried out by individuals with good experience in teaching and research.
The Department of Computer Sciences & Information Technology faculty members will be responsible for major responsibilities of teaching, research and service.
The post holder will contribute to research and teaching within the department and have research interests that complement and extend our current strengths. Specific duties are:
- To teach undergraduate, graduate & master curricula as per the guidelines of HEC & GCUF.
- Design and deliver teaching material across a range of modules or within a subject area using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- To support and mentor undergraduate & master research students in the development of their research careers
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programs of study and other activities as requested
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements.
- Set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedure.
- Perform certain duties including student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement
- To play an active role in the life of the Department, by supporting activities around research, teaching, enterprise, student experience and widening participation.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- Any other task assigned by the Management.