The head of Sales has the primary role of leading the sales department, overseeing activities of the junior and senior professionals and monitoring performance as a whole. The head of Sales defines and communicates the business KPI’s and targets to junior sales personnel on a regular basis.
- The head of sales manages the departmental calendar in regard to fundraising priorities, inclusive of launches, promotions, and campaign activities for the purpose of maximizing fundraising opportunities.
- He will design a road-map that will lead to achievement of the department’s goals as well as the overall goals of the business.
- He also monitors and observes the giving and makes forecasts, identifying new trends ahead of the curve.
- The Head of Sales also works closely with the analytics department in processing relevant data and information, translating it into actionable strategies that drive fundraising and lead to achievement of goals.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales team.
- Working on Account management plans with the sales account managers.
- Monthly reporting on Sales performance against budget and reporting on variance.
- Proven experience as Sales or Marketing Manager of 4 -5 years, meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organizations including executives and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Demonstrate experience as head of sales, developing client focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA/ M.Phil. Marketing or equivalent.