This position is responsible for all aspects of installation and maintenance of equipment within a Cable Television Headend.
- Optimize incoming signals from wide variety of sources and process for redistribution to FTTH Network.
- Reception and distribution mechanisms include; satellite, coaxial cable, fiber.
- Perform maintenance, testing alignment and adjustment on headend equipment including modulators, demodulators, satellite receivers, integrated receiver descramblers, digital receivers, transcoders, combining and splitting networks.
- Perform headend alterations including, service additions, service changes, channel rearrangements.
- Install and align satellite dishes. Includes fine tuning of feed horns and replacement of low noise block converters, including multi-feed assemblies.
◦ Minimum Matriculation
◦ Diploma Holder in Telecom/Electrical preferred
◦ Minimum of 2-3 years with a Cable TV provider with hands on experience in setup and operation of Analog/Digital Headend
- Must have working knowledge of setup and operation of Cable TV Headend.
Proficient in setup and operation of headend equipment including modulators, demodulators, satellite receivers, integrated receiver descramblers, digital receivers, transcoders, combining and splitting networks, laser transmitters, fiber optic receivers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.