WHAT DO PETROL STATION MANAGER DO?
Keep cars and people fueled up and make sure that the petrol station runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Manager will be in charge of employees and the facilities of the gas station. He will plan and promote the daily schedule of employees and the business, interview, hire, and coordinate employees, create and maintain budgets, and coordinate with and report to senior management in the company.
Petrol stations have unique needs, and manager must meet those needs. OM need to make sure that shipments of gas arrive on schedule, and depending on the facility, will need to keep food stocked, oversee the car wash and other facilities of the station.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees. A successful manager is a good leader.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management. You might have to create schedules, order supplies and write reports. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
- Math and Budgeting: Manager is expected to keep and maintain a budgetin almost every field. ‘You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.
- Analytical Skills: You will be in charge of hiring new employees, and being a good judge of character will help ensure that you hire the right people to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday.
- Decision-Making Skills: The buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success as a manager.
• Speaking and Writing: Managers do a lot of communicating. This might be one-on-one to a customer, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might have to write reports or give recommendations. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in these scenarios.
• Customer Service Skills: Customers are going to ask to speak to the manager. How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help managers solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty.