This is a very exciting opportunity to work alongside the founding members of an organization to establish and scale a truly innovative Digital Affordable-Housing Green Mortgage Bank, that strives to become the benchmark of how to galvanize social development and transform societies within a short period of time.
- Pakistan is faced with a housing shortage of 10 million currently growing by 1 million every year.
- The population, 80% without a bank account, has been starved off house financing solutions for years.
- Pakistan’s housing finance-GDP ratio is one of the lowest in the world – 0.25% (South Asia: 3%, Bangladesh: 3%, India: 11%).
- Trellis’ mission is to fill this gap by providing affordable green mortgage solutions to low and middle income groups in Pakistan.
- This is expected to significantly boost financial inclusion, home ownership and economic activity in the country.
- The senior management team has a combined experience of over 50 years in international banking, hedge funds, capital markets and financial technology.
- As a new company, we need self-motivated, driven generalists with senior-level experience.
- For driven individuals, this role provides a unique opportunity to grow rapidly and work with many types of technologies.
- We will heavily rely on cloud-native, open source technologies with the intent to give back and make a difference.
- In addition to supporting our business needs, you will have the chance to have a public impact on multiple open source communities making technology more accessible to all.
- As one of the first members of our software engineering team, you will be laying the groundwork for long term success.
- You will partner with our business analysts, operations team, and risk team to operationally data pipelines and machine learning models, automate manual tasks, and integrate with third-party APIs.
- As we get set up, you will also assist with CI/CD from git to AWS.
- As we grow, there will be opportunities to specialize and/or to move into leadership roles.
- Assist risk and operations team with data modeling and database integrations
- Assist operations team with the configuration of AWS Lambda functions and AWS Step Functions
- Assist operations team with automating CI/CD pipelines from git to Docker repo
- Integrate with government and partner institutions through REST API calls
- Create scripts and services to automate manual tasks (e.g. document generation)
- Create automated unit and integration tests to ensure quality
- Define monitoring parameters to ensure visibility into production performance
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer focused on python
- Automated testing with pytest
- Version control with git or equivalent including pull requests and gated check-ins
- JSON REST API integrations
- Interfacing with databases such as MySQL
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills (English)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Docker containers
- Cloud/serverless development (e.g. AWS Lambda, Step Functions, S3)
- Machine learning
- Data visualization
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Desire to contribute to open source and a company engineering blog
- Trellis offers a competitive compensation scheme as well as an opportunity for quick progression subject to performance
- Provident fund, Gratuity & Health Insurance covered
- Trellis is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer & highly encourages applications from all facets of society.
- We respect and seek to empower individuals and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Employment is decided solely based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
- If you’re looking to build your career as part of a team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.