The Head of Compliance & AML is primarily responsible to ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. As the compliance leader and subject matter expert, they will be responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
As a specialized Housing Finance Company, the scope of the regulations will require the individual to be a subject matter expert in Non-Banking Finance Rules & broader regulations issued by SECP, as well as other specialized regulations issued by SBP with regards to Banks/DFIs/MFBs, including but not limited to Prudential Regulations, FATF bills & associated legal instruments on AML/CFT Compliance, including broader regulatory best practices. As the head of compliance, the individual will also be obligated to interact with regulators, prepare periodic statutory reports with minimal supervision. The candidate must possess the ability to analyze, prepare and communicate on a timely basis to senior management potential non-compliance with any matter.
• Provide expert advice and guidance on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements across the company and improve business' understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
• Stay abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have an impact on the business of the company.
• Maintain close relationship with the Regulators in matters pertaining to adherence with the company’s compliance processes. Be on the lookout for changes that the regulator intends to make in policies that may affect the bank. Lobby on behalf of the bank in order to remain the regulators most complaint stakeholder.
• Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies when needed. Ensure submission of compliance reports and present it to the Board.
• Review and recommend changes in policies and procedures for general operation of compliance and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
• Develop annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization unique characteristics.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the software to detect unusual activities in accounts.
• Ascertain compliance with AML / CFT requirements, account activity review and investigation to identify unusual and suspicious patterns.
• Ensure that Compliance Manual is updated in a timely manner.
• Review internal compliance and monitor activities including periodic reviews of departments.
Required Background/ Experience:
This is a very exciting opportunity to work alongside the founding members of this organization to establish and scale a truly innovative FinTech business model that strives to become the benchmark of how to galvanize social development and transform societies within a short period of time. Trellis ...Read More