This is a very exciting opportunity to work alongside the founding members of an organization to establish and scale a truly innovative Digital Affordable-Housing Green Mortgage Bank, that strives to become the benchmark of how to galvanize social development and transform societies within a short period of time.
- Pakistan is faced with a housing shortage of 10 million currently growing by 1 million every year.
- The population, 80% without a bank account, has been starved off house financing solutions for years.
- Pakistan’s housing finance-GDP ratio is one of the lowest in the world – 0.25% (South Asia: 3%, Bangladesh: 3%, India: 11%).
- Trellis’ mission is to fill this gap by providing affordable green mortgage solutions to low and middle income groups in Pakistan.
- This is expected to significantly boost financial inclusion, home ownership and economic activity in the country.
- The senior management team has a combined experience of over 50 years in international banking, hedge funds, capital markets and financial technology.
- As a new company, we need self-motivated, driven generalists with senior-level experience.
- For driven individuals, this role provides a unique opportunity to grow rapidly and work with many types of technologies.
- We will heavily rely on cloud-native, open source technologies with the intent to give back and make a difference.
- In addition to supporting our business needs, you will have the chance to have a public impact on multiple open source communities making technology more accessible to all.
- Leading team of IT administrators and cloud engineers
- Creation and implementation of policies and procedures related to IT infrastructure such as
-Software (Office 365, JIRA, ERP, core banking)
- Vendor evaluation and management
- IT budget tracking and projections
- Minimal on-call will be required as our business primarily operates during the Pakistan workday.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with IT administration
- Prior experience as a department head
- Thorough understanding of computer and network security
- Understanding of cloud systems (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills (English)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Basic scripting (bash or python)
- Knowledge of version control (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience with automated software testing
- Task management with JIRA
- Trellis offers a competitive compensation scheme as well as an opportunity for quick progression subject to performance
- Provident fund, Gratuity & Health Insurance covered
- Trellis is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer & highly encourages applications from all facets of society.
- We respect and seek to empower individuals and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Employment is decided solely based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
- If you’re looking to build your career as part of a team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.