This is a very exciting opportunity to work alongside the founding members of an organization to establish and scale a truly innovative Digital Affordable-Housing Green Mortgage Bank, that strives to become the benchmark of how to galvanize social development and transform societies within a short period of time.
- Pakistan is faced with a housing shortage of 10 million currently growing by 1 million every year.
- The population, 80% without a bank account, has been starved off house financing solutions for years.
- Pakistan’s housing finance-GDP ratio is one of the lowest in the world – 0.25% (South Asia: 3%, Bangladesh: 3%, India: 11%).
- Trellis’ mission is to fill this gap by providing affordable green mortgage solutions to low and middle income groups in Pakistan.
- This is expected to significantly boost financial inclusion, home ownership and economic activity in the country.
- The senior management team has a combined experience of over 50 years in international banking, hedge funds, capital markets and financial technology.
- As a new company, we need self-motivated, driven generalists with senior-level experience.
- For driven individuals, this role provides a unique opportunity to grow rapidly and work with many types of technologies.
- We will heavily rely on cloud-native, open source technologies with the intent to give back and make a difference.
- In addition to supporting our business needs, you will have the chance to have a public impact on multiple open source communities making technology more accessible to all.
Security, accuracy, and stability are critical to protect and serve our customers. While some amount of manual testing will always be required, this role will primarily focus on writing code to create automated quality controls throughout all processes and systems.
As we grow, there will be opportunities to specialize and/or to move into leadership roles.
- Assist business users in automating UAT testing (using tools like Selenium)
- Assist engineering in automating script, service, and system testing (using tools like pytest and Junit)
- Assist with the creation of company policies and procedures around change requests and change control to ensure appropriate validation is performed (e.g. gated check-ins to GitHub)
- Assist data analysts in identifying quality metrics to monitor and alert on to help identify issues sooner.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering with Python or Java
- Automated testing with pytest or JUnit
- Version control with git or equivalent including pull requests and gated check-ins
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills (English)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Desirable Skills and Experience
- CRM or ERP systems
- Automated web browser testing using a tool like Selenium
- Docker containers
- Cloud services (AWS)
- Interest in contributing to open source and a company engineering blog
- Trellis offers a competitive compensation scheme as well as an opportunity for quick progression subject to performance
- Provident fund, Gratuity & Health Insurance covered
- Trellis is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer & highly encourages applications from all facets of society.
- We respect and seek to empower individuals and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Employment is decided solely based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
- If you’re looking to build your career as part of a team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.