Reporting directly to the Chairman, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chairman. The Executive Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small office environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chairman including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Chairman's schedule is followed and respected.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the
- Chairman, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Chairman's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Chairman to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units.
- Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
- Answers and directs calls and emails of the Chairman of a general nature.