industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles, and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to enable OEMs to develop innovative personal, professional and M2M solutions quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA.
We have a unique new opportunity for a senior specialist engineer to take part in developing new products and services in wireless communications, embedded software, Internet of Things (IoT), security, and cloud. You will use a range of tools to help design and prototype concepts. As part of an R&D team at the Lahore office, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the world and external partners. This role will give you the freedom to explore a variety of technologies and widen your engineering skills in a motivated and supportive environment.
- Take initiative in the development of software technology and solutions.
- Participate in the complete development process which includes design, implementation, and verification of tools, drivers, client/server communication software and web services.
- Development of embedded device drivers, software components, and their integration.
- Implementation of communication protocols to facilitate product concepts.
- Provide input to architecture and design and lead the implementation where required.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning.
- Analyze feedback or nonconformities, provide workarounds or develop bug fixes.
- Technical Documentation.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in software programming (embedded, web and object-oriented).
- Skilled in C or C++ in Embedded or Linux based real-time systems.
- Experience in developing agile software and implementation of Relational databases is desirable.
- Knowledge of scripting language e.g. Python.
- Ideally knowledge of microprocessors, compilers, RTOS environments, Linux kernel, ARM architectures, Embedded Security.
- Understanding of debugging techniques and tools.
- Experience of protocols and network stacks e.g. TCP/IP, IMS, SIP, HTTP, IPv6 etc.
- Some understanding of communications technologies. 2G/3G/LTE, Wifi, Bluetooth.
- Familiar with the software development lifecycle and version control.
- Some experience of Hardware engineering would be useful.
- Highly flexible and ready to accept and quickly implement new ideas.
- Willing take new initiatives to take responsibility for work that is outside your core domain.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.