Uinta is a high-end, solar energy startup company based in the U.S. We have recently expanded into Pakistan and are expecting explosive growth. As such, we are in the need for an individual that can take on multiple responsibilities as a bookkeeper, accountant, and controller. We are looking for a reliable, hard-working, experienced individual that is able and willing to grow into a CFO position.
As a startup, the expected activities from this position cover a wide range from basic bookkeeping to providing information to assisting managers in making strategic decisions. At basic level, you will be responsible for all the day-to-day transactional accounting for the business. This will include the tracking of all transactions and the management of any local government reporting. This role can extend to working with an external auditor to prepare the company’s financial statements.
The position is also responsible for management of cashflows and ensuring that funds are available to meet the daily payments. This includes the credit and collections policies for the company’s customers, to ensure the organization is paid on time, and that there is a payment policy for the company’s suppliers.
You will work with managers to prepare the organization’s budgets and forecasts, and to report back on the progress against these throughout the year. This data will be used to plan staffing levels, asset purchases and expansions and cash needs, before they become necessary. Eventually, you will be relied upon to provide information to assist management in making key strategic decisions, such as which markets or projects to pursue or the payback periods for large capital purchases.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and Urdu fluently
- 10+ years of Accounting/Finance experience is required
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance, or a degree in a related field
- Must be very detail oriented. Reviews own work to ensure that data is accurate
- Experience with local business taxes. Able to generate and file tax documents with FBR
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities with ability to manage staff and/or finance department
- High level of computer skills working with databases and spreadsheets
- Strong work ethic, have pride and take ownership of work
- Perform daily accounting activity such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general journal entries
- Manage client accounts, deposits, withdrawals, and fees
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Prepare international and domestic wires
- Responsible for management of all cashflows
- Review invoices for proper coding and approvals for entry into general ledger
- Prepare monthly balance sheet analysis including prepaid and accrued expenses
- Analyze existing processes to proactively enhance and improve them
- Perform monthly financial close processes
- Assist with annual audit requests
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports (i.e., profits & loss, valuation, financial projection, and financial reports)
- Provide financial information to management on business performance and projects
- Responsible for annual budgets and forecasting
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents