- AML Analyst will be responsible to for executing, maintaining and monitoring applicability of AML Regulations, AML Act and best practices across the net.
1. AML/KYC – Review and Monitoring:
- Monitor account activities against profile and highlight/report any unusual transactions to Manager Financial Crimes Compliance.
- Closely monitor accounts activity to detect out of pattern activity.
- Track implementation of recommendations during review of account/transactions monitoring and review and weaknesses observed are notified to the branches for corrective actions and removing deficiencies.
- Assisting in preparing monthly KYC/AML report for the Bank’s management
- Identifying and testing of likely breaches of defined monthly number & volume of transactions, sources of funds, risk classifications and AML thresholds.
- Follow up with branches to resolve the issues.
- Check & verify Western Union Transactions.
- Assisting in monitoring of Currency & Suspicious Transactions through reports developed in Core Banking System and from branches for management review and onward reporting to Financial Monitoring Unit (FMU).
2. AML / CDD Periodic Reviews
- Review of high risk accounts to ensure that customers’ due diligence is properly conducted, KYC/CDD profiles are adequately documented, and underlying supporting documents are duly verified.
- Periodic review all KMBL customer accounts to ensure updated KYC/CDD policies are being adhered to.
3. Other Assignments:
- Assisting in any other tasks/Assignment as and when entrusted by Management.
- Master’s Degree in Finance/Economics/Commerce from a recognized institution.
- Should have good knowledge of all the aspects of customer due diligence and anti-money laundering from the basic to the advanced level.
- Have understanding of the different types of customers, identify early warning signals, gain information about money laundering and its stages, recognize Prudential Regulations, categories suspicious activities and finally understand transaction monitoring.
- Should possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Well organized with good analytical and teamwork skills.
- Willing to travel Across KMBL network.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, as well as maintain a professional attitude and smart personal appearance, is also required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exhibits and upholds KMBL’s values and social performance objectives.
Duration and Nature of Previous Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in financial environment. Exposure of Banking Operations, experience and knowledge of AML/CFT regulations, AML/CFT Act and best practices will be an added advantage.
- The age of candidate should be between 25 to 30 years.