· Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
· Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
· Check freshness of food and ingredients
· Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
· Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.2) Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.3) Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
· Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
· Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
· Hire, train, and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers
· Order and maintain an inventory of food and supplies
· Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
· Should have complete knowledge and know-how of frying ad cooking time and temperature of different food items.