We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Front End Developer who is passionate about web development and eCommerce to join our team located in Islamabad. As a Front End Developer at Uptek, you will have the opportunity to work with a collaborative team of highly skilled developers to create best in class digital experiences for our clients.
- Transform designs into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible.
- Understands the importance of web performance, conversion rates, and user experience.
- Responsible for semantic markup and scalable, optimized, and maintainable front end architecture.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA), AODA, SEO, and cross browser and device testing solutions.
- Create jaw dropping web animations using ThreeJS, GreenSockJS etc.
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to use them in projects.
- Production of clean, structured, documented, efficient, error-free, and concise code.
- Participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback and support to peer developers.
- Seeks feedback from subject matter experts during planning, development, and code review, including peer developers and development directors.
- Responsible for using and understanding modern development tools including, but not limited to: PhpStorm, git, Gitlab CI, Sass, NodeJS, npm, Yarn, Gulp, etc.
- Accurately track time spent on tasks through the use of detailed time log descriptions.
- At least two years experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3 including cross-browser compatibility, technical SEO and basic WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Git Source Control and best practices
- Front-end Build Tools: yarn, sass, gulp, webpack, babel, etc
- Front-end Frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation, Material
- Proven ability to transform a static design into a website from the ground up.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, excited to create great web experiences.
Nice to have
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience developing in PHP and WordPress.
- Experience with Shopify theme development using Liquid.
- Code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).
Benefits / Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- Living space is provided
- Flexible working hours
- Monday to Friday free dinners
- Friendly company culture and opportunities for growth
Considering that we prefer an in-house developer, there is a chance for a remote position as well provided that the applicant is highly organized, has better communication and has proven record of working as a remote developer.