Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Acting as lead cross platform mobile game developer.
· Working closely with other mobile app developers leading the main app development.
· Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
· Working directly with development and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
· Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
· Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
· Work alongside freelance artists and sound designer to create the required assets for the games.
· Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
· Optimizing performance for the apps
· Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
· Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile (Desirable).
· Examples of mobile games for iOS or the Android (Required).
· Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
· A passion for playing video games.
· A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
· Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
· Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
· Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
· Excellent testing/ QA skills.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.
· Experience with Unity Game Engine.
· Strong OO design and programming skills.
· Familiarity with iOS and Android SDK to test apps on the mobile platforms.
· Experience with 2D image processing software, e.g. Photoshop, GIMP etc.
· Experience with 3D design and rendering systems, e.g. 3dsmax, Blender, Maya etc.
· Familiarity with Augmented and Virtual Reality applications, e.g. Vuforia, Gear VR, Oculus etc.
· Experience using social media APIs
· Using version control (e.g. SVN)
· Excellent debugging and optimization skills
· Creative design skills
Competencies for success:
· Learning on the Fly
· Technical Learning
· Action Orientated
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Presentation Skills
· Time Management
· Written Communications
· Problem Solving