Veeve is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) start-up based out of Seattle, WA. Our proprietary technology combines the tactile gratification of in-store shopping with a content-rich online experience through its innovative smart cart technology. Veeve (veeve.io) uses machine learning, sensor technology, machine vision and artificial intelligence to enable large-scale visual recognition. Our founding team consists of employees from Amazon and Google with 20+ years of industry experience.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for engineers to become part of a strong team in a fast-paced environment, where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will join a dynamic environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out AI products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The purpose of this role is to deliver a high-quality and customer-focused operational service to the business. Work independently on a day-to-day basis to ensure all work is undertaken in a timely and efficient manner.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Write high-quality, well-designed and testable code.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
- At least 5 years experience in software backend development using Java, C++, C#, Python (any of these two programming languages) or related.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software developer in an agile environment.
- Hands-on experience in developing web-based applications.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in Microservices architecture.
- Familiar with cloud-based systems and Docker.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- Experience working in start-up mode; building products and services from the ground up.
- Experience with cloud build, deployment, and orchestration tools. Experience in using Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Experience with Xcode and other associated tools like Instruments. Experience in a leading role in building complex software systems that were successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management.
- Hands-on expertise in different technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and create innovative solutions regularly.