We are searching for an outstanding web developer to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building.
Our web developers work closely with our project managers, strategists, front-end developers, and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
Programming and database administration are key elements of this position.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Refine gathered specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites/products
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with graphic designers, front end developers, and other teams to match visual design intent
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum Web programming experience, especially PHP
- 2-year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Node. JS and Mongo DB with SQL Experience.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development