Urgently looking for a DB2 Administrator. Please find the details of the position below.
· Offer DBA DB2 support for application development team.
· Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
· Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
· Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
· Perform database enhancement and modification as per the requirements.
· Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis.
· Develop and maintain patches for database environments.
· Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs.
· Assist in implementation of new features and program fixes in databases.
· Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
· Perform troubleshooting and maintenance of multiple databases.
· Resolve any database issues in accurate and timely fashion.
· Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
· Oversee utilization of data and log files.
· Manage database logins and permissions for users.
· Must be a graduate from a reputable university.
· Should have minimum 3-5 years of DBA experience in IBM DB2.
· Prior experience should possess disaster recovery, cloning and patching, partitioning, troubleshooting and technical support.
· Certified IBM DB2 is a huge plus.
If you are a right candidate, apply in confidence.