A Credit Controller will handle credit assessments and make appropriate determinations as per company guidelines.
The candidate must have the critical thinking skills needed to mitigate credit risk and maintain credit control systems.
The Credit Controller will also handle tasks like negotiating payment plans, improving debt collection processes, and maintaining accurate records of financial activity.
- Creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention
- Reconciling complex accounts that have been escalated from the AR team
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within your team
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team
- Must be able to negotiate any payment plans with clients and set up payment terms and conditions;
- Maintain accurate records of payments and reduce bad debts;
- Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices in a timely manner;
- Teamwork, organisation and communication skills;
- Can work under pressure.
- Familiarity with data entry and analysis;
- The ability to listen to customers and negotiate winning solutions;
- Must be able to draft emails/invoices;
- Have an accounting experience.