We are looking for an Editor and Coordinator who can diligently review and amend manuscripts written in British English and coordinate with proofreaders. We offer great advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals.
The candidate needs to have the following skillset and responsibilities.
· Evaluating proofread manuscripts for errors and inconsistencies
· Coordinating with proofreaders to resolve their issues, assigning manuscripts and keeping track of their progress
· Carrying out amendments suggested by authors
· Evaluating new proofreading applicants to judge their abilities
· Good in spoken and written English
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Familiar with grammatical rules and norms
· Concentration, consistency and attention to detail
· Tact and diplomacy for dealing with authors and senior editors
· Having passed IELTS or TOEFL tests or having a O/A Level
This is a full time, office-based role. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will give you a comprehensive writing style guide and grammar rule book and train you in correctly editing a British English manuscript. In addition, your performance in our test and interview counts for more than your qualifications, so if you think you have a firm grasp on British English, apply for the job.
About our Company
Viral Webbs is a Book Publishing company working under the ambit of a well-known UK publishing house. We proofread and edit books of all genres, both Fiction and Non-Fiction. This is a dream job for a prolific reader!