We are looking for a British English Proofreader, who can meticulously identify grammatical and spelling errors in manuscripts written in British English. We are looking for External Proofreaders, who will work from home, with flexible hours and competitive remuneration.
The candidate needs to have the following skillset and responsibilities.
1. Proofreading manuscripts for errors and inconsistencies
2. Track Changing (MS Word)
3. Carrying out amendments suggested by the author
- Good in spoken and written English
- Good in Microsoft Word
- Aware of grammatical rules and norms
- Has knowledge of differences in British and American spellings
- Concentration, consistency, and attention to detail
- Having passed IELTS or TOEFL tests, or having a O/A Level background is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Linguistics, or other writing-intensive programs, or equivalent professional experience
We will give you a comprehensive writing style guide and grammar rule book and guide you about correctly proofreading a British English manuscript. In addition, your performance in our test counts for more than your qualifications, so if you think you have a firm grasp on English grammar, apply for the job.
The test will be conducted via email. You will be paid for each manuscript completed and approved.
About the Company
Viral Webbs is a Book Publishing company that is affiliated with a well-known UK publishing house. We proofread books of all genres, both Fiction and Non-Fiction.