We proofread books of all genres, both Fiction and Non-Fiction. We are looking for External Proofreaders, who will work from home, with flexible hours and competitive remuneration.
We are looking for a Proofreader (English Literature), who can meticulously identify grammatical and spelling errors in manuscripts written in British and American English. We offer great advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals.
The candidate needs to have the following skillset and responsibilities.
1. Proofreading manuscripts for errors and inconsistencies
2. Track Changing (MS Word)
1. Good in spoken and written English
2. Good in Microsoft Word
3. Aware of grammatical rules and norms
4. Has knowledge of differences in British and American spellings
5. Concentration, consistency, and attention to detail
6. Having passed IELTS or TOEFL tests, or having a O/A Level background is a plus
7. Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Linguistics, or other writing-intensive programs, or equivalent professional experience
This is a home-based job, with flexible working hours. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will give you a comprehensive writing style guide and grammar rule book and guide you about correctly proofreading a British English manuscript. In addition, your performance in our test counts for more than your qualifications, so if you think you have a firm grasp on English grammar, apply for the job.
The interview and test will be conducted via email and selected after successful passing the proofreading test.