Social Media Assistant Job Purpose:
Works closely with Team Leader and overseas client/social media manager to post and manage engaging content for a company's social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
Social Media Assistant Job Duties:
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Must be able to analyse and report audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Manages social media communications and be comfortable replying in the company’s style and brand voice, taking all opportunities to reply to posts and notifications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Keep up a quick reply time via all social channels
- Taking tasks and guidance from overseas client/social media manager
Social Media Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Marketing or Social Media Marketing Degree Preferred, Technology Skills, Content Writing, Graphic Design or eye for detail and design, Campaign Execution, Teamwork, Self-Motivation, Strong Communication Skills, Networking, Idea Presentation, Proofreading, Strong Customer-Service Skills, Enthusiasm, Detail-Oriented, Collaboration, must be comfortable with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and able to ‘think out the box’ when it comes to replying.