Key responsibilities include:
1. Lead and develop a business development strategy and an action plan based on the existing donor scoping and funding plan
2. Establish specific targets for business development focussing on three to five key institutional and corporate donors in Pakistan
3. Ensure WaterAid is well positioned within the market as a ‘go to’ agency for long term WASH programme delivery
4. Grow a pipeline of funding opportunities across WaterAid Pakistan programmes from donor markets
5. Support WaterAid Pakistan Senior Managers and other staff lead on donor engagement by preparing briefings, setting up meetings, accompanying and following up on key outcomes.
6. Collaborate with the Institutional Fundraising and Partnership Team at WA UK and the South Asia Regional Funding Manager to further strengthen and manage key business development relationships in Pakistan
7. Provide WaterAid team/ programmes with up-to-date intelligence on prioritised donors in the funding plan, their key funding partners, funding opportunities and donor terms and conditions. This should include specific information and guidance on cost recovery approaches with these donors.
8. Enable effective qualification of donor funding opportunities by WaterAid staff/ programmes (e.g. Bid/ No Bid process) to improve conversion/success rates
9. Enable effective formation of strong consortium around specific funding opportunities prior to bid development
10. Support the development of high quality bids for submission to donors.
11. The incumbent will have no involvement in direct grant management, but will support Senior Management Team (SMT) with quality assurance processes, tools and capacity building for specific donors
Experience and Skills
Education and experience
Our people promise
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
This is our pledge to you.
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s lives. ...Read More