Country Programme Pakistan
Place of work:
Competitive with excellent benefits
Manager Finance (MF)
Financial and Grants Management
15 - 20%, Need based
WaterAid is an international non-governmental organization. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works by helping local organizations and governments to set up low cost and sustainable WASH solutions that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policies of other key organizations, such as governments, to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services. For more information, please visit www.wateraid.org
Role of position in the organization:
The position will function as a key liaison and support point within finance as well as for programme in relation to financial management, grant management and budget monitoring.
The position lies in the category of Pakistan Country Program. The Finance Coordinator will directly report to the Manager Finance (MF). The position holder supervise Finance Officer(s) working on Grant/Partnership and Operations.
Key working relationships:
Internal: Manager Finance, Finance Officer(s), Budget Holders, Country Director, staff of WaterAid in Pakistan and WA UK Finance team.
External: Partners, consultants, Auditors, sector stakeholders and other NGOs.
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator (FC) role is to manage the finance department activities and provide necessary technical support, advice and assist in decision making for Manager Finance for effective financial management of the Water Aid Pakistan country programme and to ensure that the Water Aid financial policies and procedures are implemented in a standardized manner. Specifically to ensure efficient grant management and compliances, monitor implementing partner’s financial management, build partner capacity, timely and accurate development of financial reports.
Partner Financial Management
Financial Accounting & Management
Support & Capacity Building:
· Actively patriciate in the proposal development process and assisting the teams in development of proposal budgets ensuring full cost recovery.
· Liaison with partners’ finance team, for capacity building on Grants Management, as required.
· Manage necessary cover in the absence of team member and act as a second tier to manage all finance functions.
· Under take special projects and duties as assigned by the Manager Finance.
The incumbent must be proficient in:
· Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards. Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls and procedures.
· Donor reporting requirements
· Preparation of financial reports
The incumbent must be proficient in:
· Computerized accounting program - SUN Financials and Vision Excel
· Good Knowledge of compliance issues of major bilateral and corporate donors including but not limited to EU, FCDO, GAC and UN
Education & Experience
· Requires a Master’s degree in Accounting or a related field and at least 7-10 years with minimum 5 years in INGOs accounting and grants management experience.
· Must be computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS, Excel & accounts packages
· Good communication & team building skills
· CPA, CA, ICMA or ACCA qualified is desirable
· Knowledge of development issues & concepts
· Experience in major donor regulations such as EU, UNICEF, GAC and FCDO funding streams is highly preferable.
· Advanced Computer skills including the ability to operate and manage computerized financial Systems, spreadsheet and word-processing programs
The incumbent must demonstrate:
· S/He must be a good problem-solver, analytical, innovative, a team builder and adaptable.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Well-developed accounting skills
· Analytical/Problem solving skills
· Decision making skills
· Effective verbal and listening communications skills
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Effective organizational skills
· Effective written communications skills
· Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
· Active team player.
· Flexible and adaptable.
· Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions.
· Good Report writing skill
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...Read More