WaterAid is an international non-governmental organization. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works by helping local organizations and governments to set up low cost and sustainable WASH solutions that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policies of other key organizations, such as governments, to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services. For more information, please visit www.wateraid.org
Role of position in the organization:
The position will function as a key liaison and support point within finance as well as for programme in relation to financial management, grant management and budget monitoring.
The position lies in the category of Pakistan Country Program (Regular Staff). The Finance Coordinator will directly report to the Manager Finance (MF). The position holder supervises two Finance Officers working on Grant/Partnership and Operations.
Key working relationships:
Internal: Manager Finance, Finance Officers, Budget Holders, Country Representative, staff of Water Aid in Pakistan and WA UK Finance team.
External: Partners, consultants, Auditors, sector stakeholders and other NGOs.
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator (FC) role is to manage the finance department activities and provide necessary technical support, advice and assist in decision making for Manager Finance for effective financial management of the Water Aid Pakistan country programme and to ensure that the Water Aid financial policies and procedures are implemented in a standardized manner. Specifically to ensure efficient grant management and compliances, monitor implementing partner’s financial management, build partner capacity, timely and accurate development of financial reports.
• Ensure preparation of grant financial reports and discuss them with the project team. Ensure that the reports are shared with Manager Finance for review within the required time schedule.
• Review grant financial reports assigned to his/her team and ensure donor compliance.
• In coordination with the Manager Finance, participate in responding to respective queries from donors, partners and WA internal management on matters relating to financial reports.
• Actively participate in financial design of new projects and revision in approved budgets in coordination with budget holders.
• Active review of the Restricted Income System (RIS) to analysis the authenticity of grant data and make necessary updates.
• Prepare monthly management accounts and their analysis for MF and SMT review. Follow-up and coordinate for variance analysis from Budget Holders.
• Ensure budget availability before requisitions are processed for procurement.
• Be a key player in the issues of grants accounting and management to ensure full compliance with our internal and donor requirements.
• Preparation of donor budget reconciliation for budget holders & management.
• Coordinate and submit final donor report on conclusion of a grant with donor.
Partner Financial Management
• Supervise financial monitoring of partners to ensure financial controls and procedures are in place.
• Ensure that partners are complying the WaterAid’s Financial Management Guidelines and are using standard reporting formats.
• To review the partnership mechanism and bring in the innovation to ensure value for money and efficiency in the mechanism.
• Review and assist on the project budget preparation and assist MF in resolution of compliance issues for all prospective sources of funding.
• Conduct partner monitoring visits and liaise with Finance Officer – Grants/Partnerships to efficiently utilize updated monitoring checklist.
• Ensure timely and productive monitoring reports for the improvement of systems and controls at partner’s financial mechanism.
• Review of financial data before posting into SUN, a Global Accounting System.
Financial Accounting & Management
• Assist MF to ensure all internal controls are in place and are applied in consistent manner for management of finances.
• Ensure that all financial data is uploaded to the Global Accounting System within the stipulated timeframe and agreed internal KPIs.
• Ensure accuracy of financial transactions/payments in terms of code allocations, sufficient supporting evidence, timeliness and appropriate approvals.
• Supervise staff in preparation and presentation of monthly financial documents.
• Coordinate Annual Financial Audits and donor requested audits as lead and together with finance team members, participate in responding to internal and external audit queries.
• Ensure monthly closure process is adhered actively and in compliance with UK deadlines.
• Prepare and share Monthly Management Accounts for Manager Finance review, as per deadlines set by UK Office.
• To orient and train newly hired staff on financial matters.
• Assist MF for capacity building of program staff & Budget holders to understand the financial report and management accounts.
• Assist MF in compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures.
• Assist MF in Management Accounts Narrative and producing a useful analysis.
• Actively participate and assist MF in the Annual Budgeting process and mid-year reviews.
Support & Capacity Building:
• Actively patriciate in the proposal development process and assisting the teams in development of proposal budgets ensuring full cost recovery.
• Liaison with partners’ finance team, for capacity building on Grants Management, as required.
• Manage necessary cover in the absence of team member and act as a second tier to manage all finance functions.
• Under take special projects and duties as assigned by the Manager Finance.
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Since we started in 2006 in Pakistan, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s live ...Read More