Role of position in the organization:
This position is housed in the people and OD unit in WaterAid Pakistan. S/he is supposed to play a key role (as a maternity cover) to take up responsibility to learn and handle all HR operations related to recruitment, induction, HR record keeping, HRMIS, staff insurances, leaves and attendance, staff trainings, clearance and final settlement of outgoing staff and HR periodic reporting and compliance requirements quite independently with minimal supervision needs.
This is not a regular position but will provide interim cover during the maternity leave of the current position holder. The HR Assistant will report directly to the Manager POD.
Key Dimensions and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Selection
- Providing thorough support in the recruitment process in taking up responsibilities of preparing draft Job advertisement for website and for newspaper.
- Facilitating initial long listing as per previously agreed criteria
- Providing thorough support in the selection process from preparation of the interview pack, coordination with the panel and calling short listed candidates and the test and interview day back end support management.
- Upon the acceptance of the job offer, S/he will take up all tasks of background verification and other tasks to get the new joiner on board.
- Coordinating with Administration for provision of proper workstation and other requirements along with a comprehensive induction plan for all new joiners.
- Ensuring that new joiner induction plan is executed in a timely manner.
- Issuance of staff ID card(s)
- Ensuring that documentation is complete for the personnel file of new joiner for issuance of employment contract, email id creation and his/her enrolment with insurance company.
Compensation and Benefits
- Facilitating staff loans processing and keeping record
- Health insurance policy guidelines sharing with staff, claims processing, cheques received, maintaining a data base, reconciling it with company’s records.
- Initiates renewal of staff insurance services timely and act as a liaison with insurance companies and foster effective and transparent relationships with client representatives.
- Preparing and handling insurance endorsements with the company and with finance. Ensuring timely intimation of insurance additions / deletions to the company.
- Strive to enhance staff understanding of benefits (including leaves) programs by regularly generating communication and counselling employees as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Keeping track of the staff leaves through HRMIS, reconciling it with attendance records.
Support in Performance Management
• Ensure that objective Setting (new and existing staff) exercise is completed in time and properly filed.
• Keeping track of Probationary appraisals and issuance of confirmation letters
• Keeping track of mid-year and annual appraisals and ensuring its timely and proper filing.
Staff Monthly attendance and Time sheets handling
• Monthly attendance reports tracking and sharing with managers
• Initiation, checking and submission of monthly time sheets to finance
• Online leave applications tracking of all staff; cross checking it with the attendance system on a continuous basis to ensure leave balances are updated
HR Record Keeping & HRMIS
• Ensuring that staff files are updated both in soft and hard form as per standard checklist and perform quarterly checks to ensure the completeness of documentation.
• Ensuring proper HR data backups on a regular intervals.
• Support in implementing HRMIS on modular basis.
Staff Trainings & Development Activities
• Compiling staff PDP data and help in developing an annual staff development plan
• Facilitating staff trainings in country and abroad as per the staff development plan.
Staff Exit management
• Sharing the detailed exit formalities with the outgoing staff
• Ensuring that all formalities from all relevant units are completed
• Final settlement calculation draft
• Ensuring payment are made in time and documentation
• Issuance of the employment certificate
• Closure of files
Periodic People budgeting, Reporting and Compliance Support
• Draft periodic people reports
• Support in level 3 budgeting
• Support in annual (and other) audits
• Facilitate internal and external audits and other periodic assessments as and when required