WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation – by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of the Sustainable WASH project being implemented in district Thatta-Sindh province. The Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of the Sustainable WASH project being implemented in 7 rural union councils of district Thatta, aimed at realising sustainable WASH services at scale in the district through promoting active community participation and enhancing sector capacities on inclusive WASH planning and establishing review and accountability mechanisms.The Project Manager would be closely working with the implementing partner (NRSP) and ensuring that project is implemented according to the organisational programme quality standards, timelines, budget lines and the outputs agreed with the project donors. In addition, PM will also be responsible for liaison and coordination with the relevant government counterparts at the district and provincial level.
- Responsible for smooth implementation of project activities as per agreed project plan and contract agreement with the implementing partner.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to the implementing partner in developing, designing and implementing project activities.
- Ensure timely delivery of the project activities and efficient spending of the allocated budgets.
- Ensure that the project outputs including hardware and software components of the project are delivered according to the agreed organisationalprogramme quality standards.
- Support the implementing partners in building their capacity and understanding on the project outcomes and approach.
- Ensures that gender, social inclusion, WA minimum standards and other relevant standards are mainstreamed in the project and the project is implemented in a consultative and participative way.
- Ensure that all partner staff has good understanding of social exclusion, discrimination and rights based approaches.
- Conduct regular monitoring and support visits to project sites and communities to ensure smooth progress.
- Conduct regular project review meetings with the implementing partner (NRSP) and WAP programme team.
- Preparing quality and timely reporting of the project activities for donors and WaterAid.
- Ensure adherence to WaterAid organisational policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Ensures all agreed administrative and financial procedures are followed and maintained by implementing partners
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant district and provincial level government departments/agencies and other project stakeholders for the successful implementation of the project activities
- Establish and strengthen networking with WASH and other sector partners especially health, education
- Capture and document project successes, case studies and lessons learned
- Represent WaterAid in various district and provincial level forums/events/meetings.
Experience and Technical Skills
- University degree or professional qualification in relevant subject (social sciences, project management, civil engineering etc.)
- Minimum of five years experience in programme/project management
- Excellent knowledge of participatory development and rights based approaches and an understanding of relevant issued and the regional context
- Proven experience of managing WASH projects/progarmmes
- In depth knowledge of Pakistan Approach to Total Sanitation and Community Led Total Sanitation, sector strengthening approaches
- Minimum two years of experience in managing teams and liaising with stakeholders In-depth knowledge of partners’ management and support.
- Ability to think strategically & translate development and fiscal plans into action
- Excellent command over English language and strong analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent planning, programme formulation, monitoring and budgeting skills.
- Good computer skills- words processing and excel spreadsheet
- Understanding of Rural WASH issues and community mobilisation approaches Significant experience of community based water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion projects
- Experience of implementing through and working with partner organizations (NGOs or local government).
- Experience of research methodologies & documentation of best practice
- Experience in managing programme/project budgets
Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of community management and the integration of water supply with sanitation and hygiene
- Knowledge of 'gender in development' , pro-poor, equity & inclusion issues
- Knowledge of low cost sanitation and hygiene technologies.
- Ability to communicate in local languages
- Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasions, senior government levels
Our people promise
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
This is our pledge to you.