The primary point of contact for FTTx network planning and design, QA/QC of implemented network, sourcing and expert community support and moderation. The GIS Manager is responsible for managing employees, projects, and processes for the Core Function and Desktop Audit GIS Team, with guidance from the CEO, GIS, the position includes accountability for daily Network planning and design operations, project completion and financial goals associated with the Desktop Audit and Desktop Marketing processes.
To be Responsible for:
- Conducting GIS Physical and soft survey of planned area, and to ensure field officer has collected essential information for planning, designing and implementation.
- Directly supervises Analysts and Technicians on the Desktop Audit/Core Function team.
- Responsible for project execution and Desktop Audit results and annual goals.
- Develops and directs processes to optimize project load and maximize returns.
- Prioritizes day to day tasks and projects in accordance with CEO guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison and supervise GIS officer, for collection of geographical and spatial information and its storage, analysis, and presentation.
- Create and maintain the structures necessary for GIS data storage.
- Develop tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems.
- Manipulate, analyze and present geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another.
- Collecting and analyzing inputs from Operations and Sales Teams and mapping them on Geographical Information System.
- Evaluating Business potential by evaluating internal and external parameters mapped in GIS layers
- Developing models for Identifying monetization opportunities through Geographical Information System for:
- New network rolls out
- Existing Network enhancement
- Sales Acquisition
- Churn reduction
- Competition management
- Develops specialized maps, utilizing geographic and demographic information using programming, database, and graphics skills
- Create functional GIS models for network planning and design using both relational and geographic data
- Update/modification of all network activities (physical) in system.
- Reflect As Built redline diagram changings in system.
- Coordinate with vendors for quotations and network expansion plans.
- Analyze datasets to provide answers for internal use and decision making using relational database.
- To perform complex overlay queries to derive new data from existing data sets
- To incorporate GIS data from variety of sources with ability to convert data between various file types, maintain data layers; optical fiber, copper etc.
- Prepare monthly Reports and Presentation for Management.
- Cross Departmental coordination for project execution and data compilation using GIS Systems.
- Knowledge of publishing with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online; including data versioning, multiuser and replication
- Knowledge of GIS principles, including projection, editing, cartography, geodatabases, queries
- Enhance existing GIS capabilities by seeking opportunities for improvement of existing methods, tools, or workflows.