Job Description Summary:
The core responsibility of this position is to manage the Infrastructure overall.
Server management is a primary responsibility, summarized view is presented below;
- Installation, maintenance and upgradation of servers timely;
- Responsible for ensuring the servers are backed up, performance and availability are monitored, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized access;
- Perform programming (usually scripting in .bash & .perl, which helps to automate tasks and create tools to perform basic operations and analysis);
- Troubleshooting reading log files and capturing live network packets.
Core Technical Expertise Required:
- Linux command line familiarity, configuration, file handling experience
- Knowledge of IP protocol suite
- Troubleshooting experience with web applications
- System administration, web infrastructure, and support experience
- DNS setup and troubleshooting experience
- cPanel / Plesk familiarity
- LAMP, HTML/PHP, IIS
- Basic Unix shell scripting knowledge is preferred
- Configure and maintaining the Mailing Server
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, and support of deployments of Drupal, phpBB, WordPress, Code Igniter, and fully custom sites
- Penetration testing for exploit discovery, web applications and PCI compliance.
- VPN installation and Configuration
- Develop shell scripts to automate administrative task
- Nagios monitoring using custom monitors, maintaining and adjusting existing monitors.
- Hardware Installation & Assembling & Fault Diagnostic, Troubleshooting
- Expertise to configure and maintaining the Windows Servers
- Ability to take ownership and resolve abuse and security issues
- Experience and understanding of network security
- Complete understanding of general IT protocols and port numbers
- Troubleshoot support inquires related to HTTP, DNS, MySQL,MSSQL, MAIL and other system issues.
- Analytical troubleshooting skills in a support environment
- Mastery of web server related technologies such as: Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, PostGresSQL, PHP, Exim and other MTAs, Spam Assassin - configuration and troubleshooting, Bind, NSD,DNS, PureFTPD, ProFTPD, Tomcat, Mailman, mod_mono, SSL,IPtables.
- Advanced use of package management systems such as Yum
- Ability to compile software such as the linux kernel, apache, and other packages from source code.
- Ability to configure and managing Disaster Backup Solutions.
- Knowledge of Virtualization KVM, XEN, OpenVZ, LXC, LXD
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Habit and attitude to fill documentation in;
- Good problem-solving abilities;
- High inclination in reading and understanding technical documentation;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Good Written and oral skills in English;
- High degree of commitment and diligence;
- Ability to perform well in diverse settings and cultures;