Welthungerhilfe (WHH), a German NGO, is looking for a Deputy Programme Manager to assist the Program Manager Sindh in the smooth implementation of WHH’s ongoing projects in Sindh province – in particular, assistance is required for WASH related hard/soft interventions; but knowledge of Food Nutrition Security is also a plus. WHH has been implementing various projects with the help of local partners in Umerkot, Tharparkar and Badin districts. The Deputy Programme Manager will be based in Hyderabad, and will be responsible for ensuring quality implementation of the WASH related interventions in the province, by supporting WHH’s local partners. The Deputy Programme Manager will also assist the Program Manager Sindh to achieve the smooth implementation of WHH’s FNS work in Sindh province, and will carry out other programme related tasks as requested, including, but not limited to, the areas of field monitoring, accountability, and needs assessments.
III. OBJECTIVE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical assistance to partners for smooth implementation of interventions in Sindh (primarily WASH, but also FNS); and support to WHH Sindh programme team.
1. Orient local partners about WASH related Orientation Framework of Welthungerhilfe and/or any relevant guidelines from donors/international bodies (e.g. SPHERE).
2. Assist partners in designing BoQs and any other construction related estimations/ schemes in line with WHH framework and guidelines.
3. Quality assurance of the construction related interventions through various monitoring techniques/strategies.
4. Assist Welthungerhilfe in design of various WASH related interventions.
5. Assist Program Manager Sindh in smooth implementation of FNS projects in Sindh.
1. Orient local partners about WASH related orientation framework of Welthungerhilfe and/or any guidelines from the donors.
· Be aware of, and develop a good understanding of, the Welthungerhilfe Orientation Framework for WASH and relevant related guidelines of WHH donors
· Organize orientation sessions for the technical staff of the partners on WASH related interventions and orientation framework.
· In general, help raise the awareness of partners about donor compliance issues, and wherever possible, help ensure donor compliance.
2. Assist partners in the design of BoQs and any other construction related estimations/schemes in line with WHH framework and guidelines
3. Quality assurance of construction related interventions through various monitoring techniques/ strategies
· Prepare a technical monitoring plan for each of the WASH related interventions in collaboration with each project partner.
· Orient the relevant partner staff on the technical monitoring plan
· Provide technical assistance to the partner staff on doing process monitoring of the WASH related interventions.
· Conduct random monitoring checks to ensure the quality of the work
4. Assist Welthungerhilfe in the design of various WASH related interventions
· Provide technical inputs to management while designing any future interventions.
· Prepare BoQs for future grants, whenever needed.
5. Assist Program Manager Sindh in smooth implementation of FNS projects.
· Facilitate PM-Sindh in maintaining reporting/ documentation track of all FNS projects
· Coordinate with partners for on time reporting of the interventions.
· Perform ad hoc roles in the absence of PM-Sindh, including deputizing for him.
· The position holder should work in a team-oriented manner and show a spirit of flexibility, collaboration, and professionalism.
· The position holder should work with integrity and adhere to the standards described in the “Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct”.
· In addition to the tasks stipulated above, the Deputy Programme Manager will be expected to contribute to wider strategic discussions and may be asked to contribute to proposal and programme development.
· In the event of a humanitarian emergency occurring in Pakistan, the Deputy Programme Manager will be expected to support in gathering relevant information and communicate to Welthungerhilfe’s Emergency Response Team. She/he may also need to assume additional responsibilities in assisting with any humanitarian response.
· She/he may have to take on responsibilities related to the management and supervision of project budgets, as required.
· She/he may have to assume other responsibilities not detailed in this job description as required.
Minimum 3-6 years professional experience in a similar role within an national or international NGO
Experience to implement/coordinate WASH related interventions in Sindh
Knowledge and understanding on WASH related needs in drought hit areas of Sindh
Knowledge and understanding of multi sectoral nutrition sensitive programming.
Experience of working with partners
Today, Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest non-governmental organizations in Germany. Non-profit making, non-denominational and politically independent, it is run by a board of honorary members under the patronage of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and publ ...Read More