· To take responsibility for on-site vehicle maintenance and repairing operation as necessary (Preferrably Diesel Engines).
· Assigns and supervises the work of subordinate personnel;
· Assists in the actual performance of vehicle maintenance and repair, including major overhauls
of transmissions, engines, differentials, front ends; brake adjustments and relining, electric and
gas welding, accident repairs and painting;
· Inspects all automotive equipment to determine whether repair or replacement of parts is most
· Inspects all automotive equipment periodically to determine maintenance and replacement needs;
· Instructs drivers on use and care of equipment;
· Maintains records concerning preventative maintenance and repairs or replacements to the automotive equipment;
· Maintains and submits reports concerning mileage, fuel consumption etc
· Maintains and submits reports on performance activities of subordinates;
· Maintains an adequate supply of parts, tools, and equipment;
· Roadtest of vehicle and informing tge customer
· Ensure Technicians’ optimum utilization, productivity and efficiency.
· Ensure proper job distribution, control and follow-up so that work is done correctly and as per schedule.
· Ensure quality work for enhanced customer satisfaction and retention by minimizing repeat jobs hence increasing total workshop efficiency.
· Train / coach to improve the ability of the team members and their efficiency.
· Carries out road test before commencing job to confirm the complaint and test (static & dynamic) later to confirm effectiveness of repair.
· Ensure strict implementation of company rules, regulations and procedures within company policies